Port your number out of Google Voice
To protect your number from being ported out without your consent, your Google Voice number is locked automatically. Before you can port out your Google Voice number you must unlock it.
There is a one time $3 fee to port your number away from Google Voice. For users who ported their mobile numbers into Google Voice, the fee is waived.
To unlock your number simply:
- 1. Go to www.google.com/voice/unlock and sign into your Google Voice account.
- 2. If you only have one Google Voice number click Unlock my number underneath your Google Voice number. If you have more than one number, select the number you wish to port away from the drop down menu and then click Unlock my number.
- Click Continue to confirm that you wish to unlock your number.
- Sign into Google Wallet to complete your port out process.
Once you’re done your Google Voice number is ready to be ported out.
You can then initiate the port with your new service provider (you can use your Google Voice number as your account number).
If you’ve changed your mind about porting your number, you can re-lock your number:
- Go to www.google.com/voice/unlock and sign into your Google Voice account.
- Click Relock my number underneath your Google Voice number.
- Click Continue to confirm that you wish to relock your number.